Sunday, April 11, 2010

Whoops.

I have been a little incapacitated for the last few days and therefore unable to continue my memory of the day. So, today, I will share a new memory about this weekend about my wonderful husband. Let's make some lemonade of some of my lemons.

Thursday morning I woke up after a night of worrying about some nerve pain I had in my hips and back. I felt pretty good and told BJ I thought I'd be okay for the day. We went into the kitchen to get some breakfast ready for the kids. I was emptying the dishwasher when I bent over to pick up a measuring cup. As soon as I reached for it my back siezed and I was in more pain than I've ever been in my entire life. I'm not kidding you it was way worse than having a baby. BJ dropped everything and came to my aide. Tears were streaming down my face and I couldn't catch my breath. BJ slowly and tenderly helped me into the front room where he helped me lay down on the floor to put my feet up and my back flat (this took about 15 to 20 minutes because I literally was paralyzed with pain). He was instantly on the phone with my chiropractor retelling the story and asking what he needed to do for me. He got me to the car, got the kids in the car and we went. I was a little better afterwards. Slightly. BJ helped me back into the house and layed me down to rest with my feet up. I asked him for help to the bathroom and when he tried to help me up, I collapsed on him in even more pain than I had been in that morning. Somehow he got me to the couch and had me lay there while he called everyone he needed to, last of which was dispatch to see if I could get an ambulance to take me to the ER at Davis Hospital (We don't have the greatest confidence in Lakeview--BJ's had a lot of experience there). Soon there was an ambulance in my front yard and I was watching my husband take my picture as I was being loaded into the back.

Needless to say it was quite an eventful day. BJ was fabulous and I was in loving awe at how smoothly he made everything flow. He just took care of everything. He helped the kids feel better (they were pretty scared), and he took over the rest of the basic wifely/motherly duties and contacted his professor to tell him he wouldn't be at class that night. He even made a fabulous dinner FROM SCRATCH!!! He has never ever ever done that since I've known him. He's come up with some... interesting... concoctions, but this was a gourmet meal. I was very impressed. I felt so bad that I just wanted to vomit (and did for 2 days) because of the oxycodone in my system. He's been so sweet to me through this whole ordeal and I wish I was all dolled up and pretty so I could reward him with my beauty,;) but... it's not to be, at least for now. I'm working on it.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Linsey you poor thing! I'm sorry you were in so much pain. I'm proud of brother for being such a good guy though! I love when they step it up when they need to; makes ya love them even more!