Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hand holding

Today I decided to share a memory. This is fun! It makes me want to take a trip up to Logan with him and take a trip down memory lane. He did that once as a surprise by the way...
Anyway, here goes: I had a lot of reservations about our relationship because I was always questioning myself, but I wish I'd just taken more time to relish in the love that was blossoming. We'd go for walks all of the time between mine and Ashley's house (she lived a few block away from me in Logan). Every single time we took a stroll, he'd come up with some crazy thing to do. He's always been good at that kind of thing. So anyway, this memory isn't really like that, it just made me think of some of those funny things. The first time he held my hand in public when we were still pretty fresh in our dating relationship. BJ was super nervous and I was nervous because I still wasn't sure I wanted to announce to the world that we were a couple. But I let him take my hand on one of our walks. I remember how we were just walking together like buddies, but then he reached down to take it and the gesture made me all quivery and I felt my heart jump-start a little bit. We walked over to Adam's Park in Logan where we had planned to meet our friends, Spencer and Ashley (maybe Rich, too with a date). I was so nervous anticipating everyone's reaction because BJ hadn't ever had a girlfriend before. This was kind of a big deal to everyone. We built a fire in one of those fireplaces they have there and had some good food and some laughs (always good laughs, even now). BJ was instantly slapped on the back with "oooo's" and "aaaah's" by the boy(s) and Ashley was especially very excited to see us walk up holding hands, since she'd been the one to set us up in the first place. I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable and excited I was to be a "couple". It makes me smile just thinking of it now. Good times.