Saturday, February 21, 2009

5 years ago today...

We officially got engaged. We were actually engaged for about 3 months before I actually got my ring, and even then I didn't have it until the day before the wedding because they kept messing it up, my diamond was loose, the job was sloppy (still is...). Poor BJ. Anyway, I was expecting to get the proposal on Valentine's day, but I got Alias seasons 1 and 2 instead. I was living at my parents while we were engaged and BJ came to pick me up to go to Island Park. I got mad at him for spinning the wheels of the car on the snow because he got stuck in their driveway. Newly Weds Matt and Heather were riding up there with us. We got the car out and I got in the car and turned around and looked at Heather. She had this look on her face like... She just felt for BJ. I felt bad, too... especially later. We got to the cabin and met his family and my sister, Debbie who joined us for the weekend. We had a great time snow mobiling and I kept hinting to BJ that it was about time I got my ring. I really didn't think I was going to get it that weekend because, well, I'd waited so long already so why would I get it now? He wanted to take me out on the machines for a quick ride. My sister, his dad, and little bro. and sis. all came along so I really didn't think anything was going to happen. We pulled up to Big Springs and his dad said he had to find a bathroom. Then we saw a moose down the stream and BJ asked if I wanted to get a better look. He took me by the hand and led me alongside the river. I knew something was up at this point because he was being so... attentive... hahaha! I told him that later and he was so put out. lol. Anyway, we start down the trail and I see this white teddy bear with a tux on and my first thought really was, "People leave the strangest things in the Mountains..." and then BJ was like, "What is that? Let's check it out." I told him to leave it because who knows how long it's been there, right? So he picks it up and starts squeezing it and tells me to squeeze it. I'm sitting her laughing at myself because I look back on it now and think how cute he is because he was trying to be all... stealthy and cute. So unlike him. This is the closest thing to romantic he's ever done. lol. So he has me squeezing the stuffing out of this bear and finally we find the voice box and I give it a squeeze and he had recorded his voice on it saying, "Linsey Bright. Will you marry me?" Then he got down in the snow on one knee and told me he loved me and all that mushy stuff, so I won't really go into that, but he showed me the ring, so beautiful. I was so excited and, of course, I said yes, we kissed we hugged and all that. So, he gives me the ring and then immediately points out this HUGE cloud that went across more than half of my diamond. He told me he picked it up on the way to pick me up and when he saw it he was furious. That's when he came to get me, I got mad at him, and I'm sure he was thinking, "Why do I do nice things for this mean lady?" The rest of the weekend was bliss. They fixed the cloud later and a lot of other things they messed up in the mean time and I am still going to get it fixed some more because it's still just, a terrible job. Of course we are going somewhere else this time. I still absolutely love it. It's just what I wanted and someday maybe I'll get an anniversary band to go with it... Well, that's the story about 5 years ago today.

1 comment:

Alexie said...

Thats cute!! I was proposed to twice, the first time being an April fool joke, yeah. That was a cute proposal!!