I was hangin' on to Ethan today trying to get him down for his nap when I realized how much he has changed and it feels like a blink. I can't believe he was born 7 months ago already! It's crazy. He's really getting excited about the world that surrounds him. He reaches for things with a purpose and wants to feed himself and talks and gurgles and zurburts and coos and giggles. I just went in to check on him playing in his crib and he's mobile! He had worked his way all the way around and was just in there talking to himself, so cute. Now he readily rolls over and scoots himself across surfaces. I know all of this may seem like "man, my kids did that so much earlier" but he has been a little bit behind especially physically. Partially because of his size and partially because he was born a tad early. He's starting to catch up, though. He's a tough cookie and we've really been working on it. I play this baby einstein CD for both of them at night that has 8 different languages (alphabets, numbers, songs, and stories). Ha ha! The first time BJ turned it on for them it was Hebrew and he came out and said, "Okay, what is that?" Anyway. I wanted to see if it would encourage their speech development and holy cow it really has. All of the sudden, Olivia is speaking to me in real sentences that make sense and giving me ideas of her own. All of that babble talk is starting to make sense. She has things memorized word for word (Even those foreign songs and stories), knows how to count to 20 without a hitch, knows all of her Alphabet and how to read her name, (well, actually she looks at any word now and runs her finger across it as she says, "O-livia!"), loves counting objects (A great accomplishment in my book), and reading her favorite stories to me. She loves to play mommy now as well. Her latest is tucking me or BJ in and going through the same routine we go through with her. Many still can't understand her, but her words are totally there and real. I think I do a pretty swell job translating, which can be a bad thing because if I can't understand what she's trying to tell me, she gets pretty frustrated.
I love watching them play together. It's so fun to see them learn and grow together and love each other. Ethan is now picking up Cheerios and everytime he gets it in his mouth Livi claps her hands and says, "Yay! Seeroll!" and he laughs and laughs. Aww, their cuteness just cannot be put into words and I'm sure nobody thinks they're as cute as I do. But I'm right and your all wrong... :). Oh I could write a book about this so I will stop now, but SLOW down little babies! I want to remember everything!
I love watching them play together. It's so fun to see them learn and grow together and love each other. Ethan is now picking up Cheerios and everytime he gets it in his mouth Livi claps her hands and says, "Yay! Seeroll!" and he laughs and laughs. Aww, their cuteness just cannot be put into words and I'm sure nobody thinks they're as cute as I do. But I'm right and your all wrong... :). Oh I could write a book about this so I will stop now, but SLOW down little babies! I want to remember everything!
No comments:
Post a Comment