Man oh man it has been a looong week! Sickness is running it's course through the family. The only one who hasn't really gotten sick yet is BJ. Ethan and I are still working on getting over it and Livi has come down with something else. So wonderful :). Anyway, this too shall pass. The biggest news of the week is that Olivia is well on her way to being potty trained! By the third day she was staying dry. Yesterday she had a little hiccup, but she's back on track today. She is still working up the courage to go number 2, but I'm so proud of her for catching on so quickly! As soon as we have days down, we will get to work on night time training. Nap time is proving to be a challenge... so we will see how long this takes. I went and got her a little folding portable potty seat to take to the store and church with us. She was super excited, but we haven't used it yet, just because of the sicky stuff. I'm just so happy to be done with diapers for her! The only ones I buy anymore are night time pull ups just because she hasn't even started the night time training yet. Ethan also broke a couple of teeth two days ago! He is also readily feeding himself. He actually won't eat unless he can do it himself. Needless to say this is a challenging phase, but it has been really fun seeing how different his personality is to Olivia's. She is super smart and loves music, singing, dancing, and drawing. Ethan loves to do things with his hands. He will definately be a hands on guy and wants to do everything right now. He is sitting up pretty much regularly, but still isn't pulling himself up to it yet. He can stay there if I help him start out, though. Very independant.
Okay, enough about the kids. BJ and I are boring. Nothing of significance to report. He's been doing a lot of training this week and we really don't get to see him very often. It's very sad. The kids miss him, I miss him, and it's only going to get worse over the summer when he starts that other job. I guess that means we just have to make the most of our time. We have been having a lot of goal setting discussions about what our goals are as a couple and a family. More on that later I guess. Still no camera, but I have had my moms this week. Hopefully I'll remember that I have it and use it once in awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment