This week has been a rough one for us. After the Anaphylaxis incident and the recovery that comes with it, we got hit with a terrible bug. I've been sick (I think with the Flu) all week. Like, I could not function sick, constantly coughing, head swirling, body aching, I can't think straight, "Wait, I've got kids that need me?", Throat so sore I wish I could rip it out and toss it in the trash sick. I am probably the biggest baby about it, too because I never get sick. This is the first time I've been sick like this in... I don't know how long. The first time I have ever been sick (besides morning sickness) in my marriage. Poor Ethan got it too. I wasn't really surprised because one of his meds made his immune system a little lower than usual, but we have had a run for our money for sure. Now I'm about 90% better and up and around again. Well maybe 95% better.
Today we are potty training rigorously. Livi is in her big girl panties and has only had one poopy accident. She has stayed dry up to this point all day, decorated her potty seat, tinkled once in the toilet (for which she received massive ammounts of applause and praise, a sticker, and a chocolate chip), and fallen in once. lol It's been quite a day. She's been such a good girl lately. I love that my consistency is starting to pay off. She's becoming more obedient... for now, she is constantly repeating phrases we say to her all of the time, "You need to obey." "Be obedient!" "May I please excused? Yes you may, go wash yer hands." "Don't pick your nose..." etc. This has been a fun... and very challenging stage. The rewards are coming and I look forward to the day I don't have to clean her poop anymore.
BJ is working his guts out for the rest of his life, I swear. All he does is work work work. Lots of over time, school resource, and he'll be working part time for the police at a local amusement park this summer... to make up for no school resource. I keep telling him we need to take some shots of him in uniform in front of his car. Especially after Charlie died, we decided we need some kind of uniformed picture. (random thought, I know).
By the way, we are going to go private, for real this time. I've become more and more paranoid about things... especially after the anifilaxis. I keep having weird visions of things happening to the kids...like scary things... and I can't shake it. So I'm doing everything I can to keep us a little safer. So, if you want to keep looking in on us, let me know and I'll shoot you an invite.
3 comments:
Sorry you guys are sick!! I guess Wooping Cough is going around up here. We haven't got it yet, thank goodness. And I don't know if it is state wide or not. But, I have had it before and what you are saying is a lot like how I felt. I hope you don't have it, but I just thought I would warn you. Also, I love reading your blog so if you do go private, invite me k? :)
Sorry you've been sick.
Yay for Livi! That's cool. Sorry you got sick though, hope everyone's feeling better! Hey if you want I can take BJ's pic! I would love something like that for my portfolio. I could come to you guys and it wouldn't take more than a few minutes and we could get a really cool one. And I'll give you a couple 8x10's of it for free for letting me build that side of my portfolio. Whenever I build a part of it that isn't very big I give a couple free, so anyway, if you want me to let me know. I'll actually be coming down that way this next Friday.
Post a Comment