Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Sweet Sweet Candy
I guess I should talk a bit about our Valentines. BJ and I were so excited to have his parents in town for his sister's wedding so we could con them into babysitting the kids while we took a much needed breather for a couple of hours... across the street. Of course because that where everything is, right across the street from our house. We actually love it for convenience sake, but are sorely excited to move on. Anyway, we went to Texas Roadhouse and had some good eatin's and BJ gave me his gift. So awesome. I always tell him that the best way to be romantic is just to put some thought and effort in. That's it. I don't need the whole candlelight dinner and writing in the sky (although the dinner would be nice once in awhile). So after 5 years of this charade, he did something that I absolutely loved. He gave me a funny card that was oh so perfect (I've think I've told everyone about it that I talk to) and a whole back of green M&M's just for me! He threw a little red teddy bear holding the best message in the world in there as well that he said was just the cutest one in the store. I know that doesn't sound like much, but if you knew me and my quircky self, you would know that it was just so perfect. He really listens to me! As soon as I opened it up I said, "Oh man, I'm TOTALLY going to blog this!" I think the teddy bear messages are kind of a thing for us. That's how he asked me to marry him. What's that? I hear requests for the engagement story... Well, you'll have to wait. I think I'll post it on the 5 year anniversary of our engagement. Whiich is Saturday, so it's not a terribly long wait. Although it felt like it at the time since we were engaged for 3 months before my ring was finally ready. Anyway, like I said, Saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you had a good valentines. :) That's cute.
LOL...whenever Tom asked for Valentine's gift ideas I just tell him I want a love letter and a game of scrabble!
Post a Comment