Friday, September 4, 2009
At the end of the day...
I - am - Exhausted. Ethan is walking... sort of. Olivia repeats everything I say to the best of her ability, and of course it's the negative things that I say like, "Come here, NOW!" after I've asked her and asked her and asked her politely. Someone gave my children crazy pills and they are driving me crazy! I love them so much, though. The end of the night is really such a bad time to blog because that's when most mothers reach the end of their rope of sanity and fall into the abyss of the tired kingdom. Only to walk into the kitchen and find that the dishes still need to be done, the high chair wiped down and the floor not only swept, but mopped. Oh, there's toddler underwear in the dvd player and there's poop all over my t-shirt because Ethan had the first major blowout of his life tonight. Aw, motherhood. Although, as I sit and think about the events of the day, the good things come to mind. Olivia telling me to lay down on the couch so she could sing bedtime songs to me, and Ethan's little proud face as he takes those 2 or 3 tiny little wobbly steps to grab onto something else. The best part of the day, I guess, would be when Livi wanted me to sing her "Give said the little stream" so I did. Then she wanted it over and over, so after a few times I went to the computer and looked it up on playlist.com and found the best version of all time (It's the last song on my playlist to the right). I turned it up way loud and danced down the hall and around the living room with my giggle monsters. This is what it means to be happy. What a great day :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ahhhh, I love those crazy days, stories you can tell your kids when they are all grown up and having crazy days of their own with their kids! Too much fun ;)
that reminds me of this song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0QCCNCkvzI.......... when I have a day like that I will think of all the days sitting on the couch all by myself wishing I wasnt and THANK HEAVENLY FATHER!!!!!!!! and those positive parts are awesome:)
Oh you are so right Keli! That is a great song. Thanks! I'm gonna add it to my blog list.
Post a Comment