Sunday, May 3, 2009

Police Men...

BJ and I were just talking about how often we hear people sing the praises of military men... not a bad thing at all, however, the police often get overlooked. I was watching Extreme Home Makeover and they were doing something for a disabled veteran. They said something like, "He risked his life every day, while he was on tour..." my first thought was, "Police risk their lives every day. Period." And yet, more often than not, they are overlooked when it comes to appreciating those who die for and defend our country. They still do it, too. They are just on the homefront. BJ said it like this, "I serve a 20 year tour of duty, instead of 2." Amen. Keep in mind, this is not a vent or a rant. Do I think it's a shame? Yes. But nonetheless they are willing and ready to do their duty and uphold the othes that they took as that badge was placed over their hearts. So next time YOU are speeding or run a stop sign or red light, or even get pulled over for a missing headlight, remember, It's their duty to serve and protect us on our own soil and instead of griping because he wasn't super duper nice and gave you a ticket instead of a warning, be grateful that there is someone willing to do the dirty work of upholding and enforcing the law.

Here is what Paul Harvey has to say about Police Officers. It's only a minute of your time if you want to listen.
http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=6968320473&view=audio&msgs=12104853873a3111&attid=0.1&zw

1 comment:

AJ said...

I, for one, am glad that there are people out there who can be police men/women to protect us. It's not something I could do. I have no problem with police men even when I've been caught doing something I shouldn't, as long as they are respectful to me as a person. But if they treat me disrespectfully, I have a major problem with them. And really that is true of all people.