Saturday, May 30, 2009

so cute, so precious


I am so dog tired today. BJ and I were both up until about 5 in the morning doing parent stuff. Trying to get Ethan to just go back to sleep without any help. A little difiicult to do and get our sleep since he's in our room because we only have 2 bedrooms and he keeps Olivia up otherwise. I would much rather be two tired parents than have a very tired and ornery 2 year old. We did try it for awhile, but then NONE of us were getting sleep. Anyway, that's not why I'm blogging...lol

After our looong night. We got up at 8:30 this morning to get the kids all dressed and go to a breakfast that the baptist church put on in appreciation for law enforcement. It was really nice. They had a clown who was painting faces and making animals out of balloons and a big gigantic blow up slide that Livi just loved and they said a kind word of appreciation to all of us (even wives) for the sacrifices we make. It was nice. They made a special note to recognize Katie Skinner (Charlie's wife) who was also there with her twins and her parents (Her dad is one of BJ's sergeants and her mom is one of the lead dispatchers).
We all stood and gave her applause for what she has been through this year. After that and some grub, we took Livi to the giant slide where BJ took off with her and had some fun and I got to know a couple of other wives a little better. That was fun, since I've kind of been couped up. One of them actually said, "I just never get to see you." and I said, "That's because I've been busy having babies." Last year I couldn't go because I was feeling really gross that day and just needed to rest. She nodded and said, she remembered those days, not so long ago. So, I saw a few of the guys again, had a few laughs, and then we went home.
BJ went straight to bed because he had to work all night and I decided to put the kids down a little early and catch a wink myself. I had been laying down for about 45 minutes when Livi started to slide stuff on the walls in her room, which made noise in my room and woke up Ethan. No big deal. Technically quiet time was over. So I went into her room and told her to put her books away so I could get her some lunch. I sat on her bed and closed my eyes, mostly because I couldn't keep them open, and she comes over and says, "Mommy sad?" "Oh, Mommy sad." Then in the sweetest kindest little voice she comes over and says, "Mommy, sad?" and she put her arms straight out in front of her and cupped her hands and then put them under my chin and said, "I'm sorry mommy sad." then gave me a big "Oh Boy" hug and kiss.
It was so so so sweet! I just love her so much! That is typical Livi. I hope you all get to see it sometime. She is as sweet as candy, usually (give her a break, she's 2 sometimes). Anyway, I really just wanted to put that up, and tell about our morning at the same time. I'm starting to wake up now, it's taken me a bit, but maybe I can get enough brain juice going to figure out what to make for dinner. :)

No comments: