Saturday, May 30, 2009
Tragedy
There is a family in my ward who just got baptized last week. They are so nice and sweet. They absouletly adore BJ and I talk to them quite frequently. Anyway, last night BJ got a phone call from the just-released Elder's Quorum President (Yes, BJ has been released as 2nd counselor--to his great relief. It was a lot added to his plate, but, of course, he still did it willingly.) asking if we knew what was going on down the street. BJ gave dispatch a call and talked to a few officers and we found out that their little 8 year old son was skateboarding across 400 north and was hit by a car. The driver said that the sun was glaring on the windshield and they just didn't see him (BJ told me there was also a dog in the car that she turned her attention to as well). He was rushed to the hospital and immediately flown to Primary Children's Hospital in Critical Condition. We were told second hand (from another officer) that one of the officers on the call called to check on how he was doing today and the doctors said he was still in critical condition and stable, but were still "putting lines in him". I asked what that meant and he said, "pretty much the docs don't know the outcome." So, please, keep them in your prayers. I feel so helpless when stuff like this happens. I just wish there was something more I could do...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ohhh so sad! I will pray for them too! I just cannot imagine if something like that happened to one of my boys. Keep me updated.
Post a Comment