Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy Anniversary To Us!!!

I can't believe we've been married for 5 years. In some ways, it feels like a blink, and in other ways, it feels like we've been married forever. Maybe because we've done a lot and gone through a lot in them, but anyway. It's crazy. I thought it would be fun to post something that BJ and I wrote to each other back when we didn't have any kids. We did it for FHE one night and decided to keep it in our "family journal". So, here it is:

BJ to Linz:

You make me laugh when: You tickle me and when you talk cute.
You make me happy when: You take care of me and show so much attention.
You make me feel special when: You talk to me and encourage me.
You make me feel closer to Heavenly Father when: You are a good example.
You make me feel good looking when: You give me compliments.
You make me feel like becoming better when: You are such a good example.
You make me smile when: You do the dishes--are happy--do anything.
You cheer me up when: You talk to me and take care of me.
You help me feel loved when: You do everything to make me happy.
You strengthen my testimony when: You share yours and fulfill your calling.
You make me proud of you when: You talk about your desires, goals and aspirations.

Linz to BJ:

You make me laugh when: You TRY to get away with little things that I already know about.
You make me love you when: You see what's inside your heart and when you share your feelings.
You make me happy when: You do something thoughtful just for me.
You make me feel special when: You need a hug or someone to talk to and com to me.
You make me feel closer to Heavenly Father when: You share your testimony with me or talk with me about our future family and what will be.
You make me feel good looking when: You look at me and really smile.
You make me feel like becoming better when: We discuss our goals and study the Gospel.
You make me smile when: You smile.
You cheer me up when: You are just there for me when I need you.
You help me feel loved when: You show appreciation to me.
You strengthen my testimony when: We talk about things that matter.
You make me proud of you when: You stand up for what's right and show your integrity.

That's that. If your wondering how we came up with it, it was in a book called Family Home Evening for Newlyweds. A little cheesy, but we were glad we did it. So, Happy anniversary, Babe. You're a great dad and I couldn't ask for a better eternal companion. It only gets better and better.

2 comments:

Nicholas said...

Happy Anniversary. You have a cute family. :-)Hopefully I'll be seeing ya soon at Kristl's shower.

Ash said...

That is really sweet, I'm glad I helped hook you guys up!