BJ's parents were generous enough to fly the whole family to California (accomodations included). We had a ton of fun, though I didn't get enough pics because my camera situation is still meager. Disneyland was ridiculously busy on Christmas day and we actually got gridlocked a couple of times trying to walk through the park.
It was pure craziness. To give you an idea, on a typical day, they have 10,000 visitors, but this year on Christmas day they had 70,000. It was C-R-A-Z-Y!!! I have to give big kudo's to the park employees. They were extremely patient and accomodating while a lot of the patrons were ridiculously rude and mean.
(BJ strikes a pose while taking Livi's second ride on the carousel--yes it's quite the pose) Some highlights for me,
We did Christmas Day on Christmas Eve. We figured, the kids weren't going to know the difference this year, so it worked out nicely. Our kids got sick the week before we left and Ethan decided that morning would be a nice day to wrap it up with a few rounds of vomit. He was okay shortly after.
Grandparents are the bomb. Here's my mother in-law on a walk with the girls. E bear is the only grandson--for now.
Here's Grandpa playing in the fountain at the condos with the girls. I'm so glad the kids had so much fun with grandparents and cousins while we were there. My husband was so wonderful helping me with everything in and out of the park.
Here he is carefully trying to get rid of the cheesecake (keeping it away from Ethan and anything that could touch him). He'll hate that I put this one on here. He took care of the kids while I had to shop and make food for everyone. As long as I can cook for everyone I can keep Ethan from feeling left out, you know? He's starting to wonder why he can't eat the same thing other people eat. Thank heaven's we don't have to deal with it very often, though.
(Of course we had to stop at the beach in L.A. Livi couldn't get enough of the sand. She was perfectly content.)
Every time I think of our trip I think of how much I love BJ. He really is the best. I love everything about him, but most of all I love how much he loves me. He is always so willing to lend a helping hand and a word of validation and comfort. I'm the luckiest woman alive. Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all had a great one.
2 comments:
Aww I love how much you love my brother!
Looks like you had a great time!! Your kids are getting so big!!!
Post a Comment