I'm hosting Thanksgiving at my house this year and I'm so so excited! Here's my menu that I got out of my "CookingLight (magazine) Holiday Cookbook" and yes, it will be dairy egg and peanut free. Does anyone know how to make an egg free pumpkin pie? I haven't done any internet research on it, yet, but any suggestions would be appreciated!
I keep having the thought, "Serenity now!"(Seinfeld Series)--maybe that's a bad sign... :)
Appetizer:
Chips and Salsa
"Creamy Salsa Dip"
Dinner:
Sparkling Wite-Sangria Salad
Farmhouse Roast Turkey with Rosemary Gravy
New England Sausage Stuffing with chestnuts (of course we will still have traditional as well or instead of)
Gingered Cranberry Sauce
Old Fashioned Mashed Potatoes
Mashed-Honey-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Cider Glazed Carrots
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Ham and Garlic (This actually does look really yummy...but I've never had brussels sprouts)
Dessert:
Pumpkin Squares (Like the ones you get at Old Grist Mill) with Better than cream cheese frosting (my own recipe!)
Fruit pies and pumpkin pie.
Do you think I can pull it off? We have to get a new table, (It's our Christmas Gift to each other and from my family and Mom.) so I'm super duper excited now! Now all I need is my china set that I just found that I love. Does anyone have about $5,000 they're willing to part with? lol
Hooray for the Holidays!
2 comments:
sooooo yummy!! I am going to VA but your menu sounds scrumptious, maybe I will copy some of it :)
Sounds delicious Lins! Can you make it again when I come for Christmas? :) jk of course. Can't wait to see the new table you bought!
Post a Comment