Sunday, November 8, 2009
Halloween
I'm finally getting the pics up for Halloween. I can't believe that was a week ago already! Thanksgiving will be here before I can blink!
BJ had to work and my mom came down to spend the day with us (so fun!). I wanted to get the kids trick or treating out of the way and then go to a pre trick or treat community dinner party at the neighbors house and then put the kids to bed. So we (me, my mom and the kids) went to the hospital first to go trick or treating, but left because they were about out of candy.
We went to Dicks Market in Centerville after that hoping that we hadn't missed their trunk or treat. Luckily we got there just as it was starting.
That was actually a really good way to go. I think I'll be doing that every year while the kids are little. They have a fishing pond and free popcorn and doughnuts and free dinner and drinks.
They had the employees decorate their trunks and dress up. It was really fun and cute. Both of the kids got extra candy for being extra cute :)
After trick or treating we went to our Neighbor's house and got to know a few people and had some more dinner. It was really fun and such a fun idea. They just take care of everything for everyone. Talk about service. I guess her husband had a neighbor that did it when he was a kid and he wanted to adopt the tradition. I loved Halloween as a kid, but don't really want to glorify it beyond a "holiday for fun", so I thought it was a good clean way to keep it low key without taking all of the fun out of it. Afterwards all the neighbors went home to man the doors and the kids rampaged the streets. I really do have a great neighborhood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
They looked so cute! That's great your mom got to come spend some time with you. btw your t-day menu sounds great!
What cute costumes! I didn't even know Dick's market had a trunk or treat. I will probable do that next year too, thanks.
yes - i check your blog!! i don't comment much - i should be better!
and...i'm still behind you with the halloween post, ack!
this week...i keep telling myself :o)
They both look so cute! Where did you get the costumes?
Post a Comment