Saturday, July 11, 2009

E-Bear, how could we love you more?

Ethan has been such a blessing in our lives and I'm so grateful each day that he decided to come to our family. I was just realizing the other day that he tends to be full of surprises, to name a few: We were surprised to find out he was coming to our family, He surprised us again by coming early
(This morning I said to him, "Exactly one year ago, I was in labor and nobody believed me..." lol), He surprised us again with his anaphylaxis to milk, when he figured out how the gate works, and keeps figuring it out no matter how we jimmy it, when he started crawling he pulled himself up and started cruising (I think he surprised himself that time, too), and when he took off all the way up the stairs unscathed... I could go on and on.
He does so many things daily that catch us off guard and it keeps life fresh. He is always so happy and sweet to everyone, he also loves to play games and have fun. I don't think I've ever seen a baby that laughs like he does.
He loves Olivia with everything he has and it's the sweetest thing I've ever seen. I love my boy, my little E-bear and I don't think we'd be a family without him. He sincerely enjoys life and I think he will teach me a lot as the years continue to pass. Heavenly Father really knows who we need in our lives and when we need them. I'm so grateful each day for my 2 little blessings. They really do fulfill my life and make the days so much brighter. Happy birthday little guy!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I'm glad to hear you've settled in fairly well. It's hard to believe they are growing so fast, the time seems to just disapear. Happy Birthday to Ethan!

Rachel said...

He looks so charming in that last picture with the hat on! Sweet baby boy. I can't believe he is already one! His life is just flying by in one big blur! Thanks again for the weekend and hopefully you guys can come up sometime soon!

Sam and Kristol said...

Ethan is changing so fast. He is so adorable. Love the pics!!