Thursday, June 11, 2009
Phew!
We have had the busiest week. Today is my first day home to get anything done. I barely had time to do one load of dishes, and my laundry pile has been getting higher and higher! We had family come in to town, I went to stay at my moms for a couple of days, then we had the air show, the next day my BJ's mom invited the kids and me to go to temple square for the day, with her, Heather, and Kaylie, to see the art exhibit at the conference center. It was really really neat. There was a painting there that really struck me called, "modern day mother in Zion". It was a young woman dressed in armor with a dagger at her side and she was holding a light ahead of her as a child clung to her. Speaking of motherhood, Livi has been wetting her pants daily and I have resorted back to potty treats. She decided the conference center floor was a good place to do it, so she did. She decided to do it again in the bathroom of the geneological library as I was preparing the seat(sigh). We worked through it, had a little "talk" and now the treats are working swimmingly. We took the girls over to the temple to watch the brides and touch the temple wall. Livi couldn't get enough of it. She loves loves loves the temple. One of her favorite books is this coffee table book my sister, Becky, gave us about temple square in all it's seasons. She was very sad to leave it. Sunday we had a family dinner at Matt and Heather's. Monday we went to the Oquirh Mt. Temple open house (Which I will be going to at least one more time with my mom and sisters), It's so so beautiful. Tile all the way through the whole thing. Livi kept looking up at everything saying, "Wow! It's so beautiful!" over and over. in the celestial room, I told her what it represents and how we are here to return to Heavenly Father and she looks up and whispers, "Celestial Kindom..." like she was so fascinated. Anyway, Tuesday was a work day. We had no food, so I went shopping after wrestling with the kids all morning. I didn't have the energy to do anything else. At all. Wednesday, I went to my mom's for a M/D cookout in her ward, and today I went to the doc, came home and worked on getting caught up... Phew. I haven't been this busy since... college. I used to pack my schedule with stuff... but now I have children and it's just... not... that... easy. We had a lot of fun, though, and I have so much more to say news wise, but I'll have to make another post for that later. No pics this time, I really need a new camera.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh thank you so much Lins, you are the best, what you said means a lot to me and I really appreciate it. And you are totally right, it definitely is in the way that people approach it. I think we both kind of approached it differently at the same time. And it's been working so well. Anywho, thank you so much and I totally admire you too. :)
I love that Olivia is so in awe of the temple-so sweet! And proof that you are an amazing mother in teaching her the gospel! I'm impressed and proud of you-good job! You're a good example for me.
Post a Comment