Sunday, June 28, 2009
Goodbye multi-unit dwelling...
BJ and I have always shared a wall with at least one neighbor since we've been married and have decided (after sharing not only a wall, but a floor and a ceiling with neighbors) that it's time to find a place with a yard and room to grow--and NO shared walls. We made the decision long ago, but are now in a situation where we have to move quickly.
BJ's little brother, Sam, is preparing for his mission and had dwindling options in helping him with that goal. In short, we became the best option, but in order to do that, we had to find a bigger place fast and one that would rent to us month to month because we want to find a permanent residence for ourselves. One we can be in for at least 10 years, if not longer. We are hoping to find this place within the next year. So, we found the hurried rental and are moving in 2 days.
We are so looking forward to the move as the kids (and BJ and I) will each have their own room and we'll have an office and Sam will have some space to call his own as well. We're excited, although I'm starting to get a little nervous about the whole situation as it approaches. The reality of having an 18 year old who is still in need of some guidance is a little daunting. However, we have both earnestly prayed about it many many times and know that this is what we need to do. There is not a doubt in our minds. In that light, I'm looking forward to it not only because Sam is hilarious and really great to have around, but especially because I know that the Lord is with us and will guide us as to what we need to do.
Sam is a great kid and we both believe his desires are pure. Especially because we laid it out very clearly what is expected of him and what he can expect from us and told him not to agree to it unless he was totally and completely willing to abide by our terms. We are really looking forward to the next few months, and I sincerely hope that he is, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think it sounds like you guys will have fun, hopefully! :) Good luck!!!
good luck!! we've had to do super quick moves AND help along a few younger sibs!
hope all goes well!
I love Sammy! How fun! Good luck, that is def a lot of responsibility. You guys are awesome though, I'm sure it will be a great experience for both of you. :)
Post a Comment