We just recieved word that they are taking Charlie off of life support today and saying goodbye. I can't tell you how hard this is for all of the officers and their families. Us included. He was a good man and a good officer and died in the line of duty. An honorable thing. My heart sincerely goes out to his family. I know that the Lord is with them giving them strenghth and comfort. I wish there was more that we could do. Unless there is a miracle, his wife will be left alone with the twins now. They will be all that she has. This obviously hits home for us, and I'm grateful it wasn't my husband, but it was someone elses and my heart is breaking for her. Please keep his family in your prayers, along with all of the officers who leave their families every day to protect and serve our communities. It is a valiant thing that is often taken for granted.
(Later added)
Video Courtesy of KSL.com
2 comments:
I TOTALLY know how you must feel. Most days I felt nervous when my dad would go to work. I was always so greatful when I would see or hear my dad pull up in his patrol car each day or night. We just have to have the faith that that Lord knows what is best for our families - even if it seems unbearable and hard at that time. I miss ya!
OMG! How absolutely awful! I'm so sorry to hear that! =( I will definitely pray for them.
Post a Comment