Friday, October 31, 2008

Livi's 1st Carving...

Olivia carved her first pumpkin yesterday and had so much fun! With Mommy's help, she drew a face, and then she sat back while mommy cut off the top.




Then she helped to get the guts out after mommy scraped them off the sides. She took the guts out and then put them back in again over and over. What a funny girl. This year, I tried something new as well. I tried coating the inside of the pumpkin with Cinnemon and Nutmeg so that it would make our house smell like pumpkin pie when we lit it.


I think it worked... I never left the house, so I don't really know if the smell of dinner overpowered it, or what. It wasn't super strong, but it was kind of nice and homey. Anyway, after I lit the candle in the pumpkin, Olivia kept singing "Twinkle, Twinkle, little star" over and over while she just sat at the table and stared at it. She is getting so cute these days! It really feels like Halloween this year! We are super excited to take livi trunk or treating at a local market in the center of town tonight. You can see in the pictures that we dressed her up yesterday (intending to take her to a different trunk or treat, but it just didn't work out). She loved looking at herself in the mirror. We will take more pics tonight and post them of her and Ethan dressed up for Halloween. Here is the finished pumpkin smellin' so good... and lit...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

SO CUTE!! I love your Halloween page with the music and the pictures were so fun.