Saturday, March 28, 2020

Long time no see...

August 2014 ~BLOG POST UNDER CONSTRUCTION~

It's been a long long time.  I have been meaning to get back to this thing.  Life is just crazy.

Since my last post we have moved to and back from Alabama.  It was awesome and horrible all at the same time.  Long story short, we met some amazing people, made lifelong friends, shared the gospel that means so much to us, got swindled and chastised by doctors who know nothing, and got (figuratively) kicked in the teeth a lot by the lovely employees/service members of the lovely Fort Rucker.  It feels like we were there longer than 9 months, but it also kind of feels like it never happened.

I really should write it all down for posterity's sake.  We saw a lot of miracle and we have experienced one of the hardest years our lives together have seen.

Today, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.  Now that we are back (since May), we have been working on finding a house.  It's been a long road because we weren't so lucky when we were trying to find an acceptable lender.  Ugh, it was awful.  We finally found one along with a realtor who came highly recommended to us by a good friend.  Now we are finally getting to where we can actually walk into some homes and check them out.  I am staying at my mom's with the kids and my husband is staying at my brothers during the work week.  I gotta be honest... it's been challenging.  I love my mom, love her help, love her friendship, but I miss my husband so much.

No comments: