Friday, July 6, 2012

Bedtime at the Wright's


10 PM: I go to check on the kids.  Ethan needs to go potty and Olivia is singing singing singing every word she knows, including but not limited to, "Happy Birthday, Lightning McQueen". While Ethan went to the potty, I laid down on his bed and closed my eyes for a second, listening to Olivia.
Me: "You know what, Livi?  It's almost Allison's birthday, which means, it's almost tomorrow.  You need to go to sleep, okay?"

Livi kept singing and without even skipping a beat or a pause to think, she sang: "But it's Lightning McQueen's birthday too-da-ay..."

Then Ethan came back in the room.  I still laid there with my eyes closed and he squished my cheeks gently and whispered very seriously: 
"Hmm. Squishy."

I opened my eyes and looked at him quizzically and asked: "Are my cheeks squishy?"

He said:  "Sometimes, people have squishy cheeks" -shrug- "My cheeks are squishy, too." Then he flashed me the biggest grin EVER--and promptly squished his cheeks.

And then I thought:

All I feel right now, is love.

2 comments:

Ash said...

Love it!

Ash said...

P.S. The captcha thingy, word you have to type to comment, said "gaicop". I lol'd.
And now, FYI, it says "puwasha" Hahahaha!