Everyone is sick at our house this week, so I wasn't able to go to church today, but I went to the church today to pay our last tithing and turn in my books for my calling. I was surprised by my emotion. I'm so so so SO sad to leave this ward. It's been such a great place to live. I've met so many good people and we have had so much support and sincere love given to us, it's truly remarkable. Even with the headache we had trying to get things clear in the nursery, I was telling them how grateful I was that they were so accommodating and I had to stop myself from losing it completely. I think it took them by surprise as I blinked away my tears and quickly said goodbye. They will never fully know the magnitude of my gratitude.
Even this morning when I called someone to cover for me in my calling, the sweet sister offered to bring us breakfast on Tuesday so I'd have one less thing to worry about. She didn't know Ethan had food allergies, and though I had to (sadly) decline her generous offer, I was so grateful for her thoughtfulness. I've never felt so much like my ward was my family before. It truly brings me to tears to realize how the wonder of Christ's love for us, and his awareness of each one of us, has been shown to me through these amazing people. There are some wonderful people in this world.
3 comments:
so sorry for your sickness! we've had it rough ourselves since NOVEMBER, so I understand!
I haven't been on your blog in WAY too long - so much has changed for you!!!
CONGRATS on the babe & the move! I'm glad you & BJ are at peace with everything going on - that makes all the difference in the world, even with all the challenges!
I will do better to stay updated!
We are going to miss you too, but I can't help but think this is the beginning of some pretty wonderful things for your family. Besides...we'll always have facebook(and blogs!) :)
I just got caught up on your blog, and you are such an amazing and positive person. The things you have going on are so crazy, but it is so refreshing to see your faith and positive attitude, cause I totally wouldn't be that way. And I can't wait to find out what your having!!! Maybe we can get together when I go to my moms house?
Good luck and you are in my thoughts and prayers!
Post a Comment