Friday, January 28, 2011

Ethan's new allergies

(These pictures show the progression over span of about 15 minutes.)
This kind of turned into a vent. Not directed at anybody, just total frustration with the situation.

I feel like I'm grieving about this all over again. I don't know why, it's not like much is changing. Maybe it's because I feel like I have a million more things to be looking for and worrying about.



I've been pretty melancholy all night. I thought I'd be okay because we already knew we had some allergies, but I admit, I had my own sob fest before going to bed. Well, trials come and go and we have to take them and do what we can, right? I just wish so many things. It's too depressing to write them all down.

So-in short-Ethan is also allergic to drum roll.... Medications: (so far) Penicillin/amoxicillin and ibuprofen. Food allergies now include: (#1 on skin)shellfish, (2)almond, (3)cashew, (4)pecan, (5)pistachio, so basically tree nuts.
Environmental allergies now include: (8)trees, (10)weeds, (11)cats, and (12)dogs. Ain't that a kick in the head? We still get to wait and see his blood test results after next week. They wanted to wait because he'd already been pretty traumatized when he got tested today. Poor guy.








I hate allergies. I hate what they do to him. I hate that I have to spend most of my time thinking about them and I HATE that I can't seem to get people to understand that it's not about me--it's about him.

I HATE IT!!! YES! I'M SCREAMING (AND CRYING)!!!

1 comment:

AJ said...

I'm so sorry. I hate how you have to struggle with this. Hugs.