Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Little miracles

My kids are so cute. Something about them today makes me want to squeeze them so tight. Livi's been completely adorable especially in the last few days. I'm starting to realize how much she's growing up. She's really becoming mommy's little helper. Ethan is also so sweet with his personality really starting to come through. He's very determined, will figure out everything he wants to, and he's so caring. Today at dinner, Livi said she wanted a spoon. She was pretty sad and whiney, as I was telling her to please ask nicely, Ethan picked up his purple fork and looked at it, then handed it to Olivia. She was so touched by the gesture, she forgot all about her spoon and graciously accepted it. Then gave him her red one saying, "Ethan can trade with me!". It was so sweet.

Earlier today, too, Livi was eating a banana and Teddy grahams for a snack. I handed her a cup of water when she said, "oh! What happened to my banana?". I said, " I think you ate it, sweetie.". Then she laughed as she said, "oh yeah! It's in my tummy!". Oh these kids. So sweet, so cute. I wouldn't change my life for all the money in the world.

The other day, I was up at my mom's house. I was watching the kids play in the back yard and saw this sweet scenario. Livi was running as fast as she could from one end of the yard (my mom's yard is huge) to the other with Ethan trailing behind saying, "wait! Wait! Wait! Wait!..." the whole way. Once Livi got to the other end, she turned around and stretched her arms out to the side and said, "come eer E Bear!" followed by a sweet little giggle. Ethan would eagerly run into her arms and they would hug and give each other little pats on the back. They did this back and forth for at least 15 minutes. It was one of the sweetest things ever.

Anyway, it's times like these that make me love being a mom. Seriously, what greater call is there?

No comments: