Friday, August 15, 2008

Growth Charts

Where to start? We have some noteworthy events...

Ethan (5 weeks) is getting soooo big already we just can't believe it! This is his favorite position and second favotite place to sleep. Number one, of course, is in Mommy and Daddy's bed.
He's already grown out of his first 2 sets of clothes. At this rate he will pass up Olivia in no time! She was in newborn clothes for the first few months.




He has a very strong neck and acid reflux, ingredients for early roll overs. He is still such a good baby and we have been so extremely blessed with the two most perfect children. He already sleeps through the night (mostly) and is just content to sit and look around. I can't believe how clear his eyes are. They look like they will end up being a lovely shade of blue.
With that and the cute dimples--which he got from his Grandpa Bright and, surprisingly I just noticed the other day that BJ has them as well(this is the only pic I've been able to get with the dimples!) --and dark hair, he will definately be a heartbreaker. We will be blessing him Labor Day weekend so maybe I'll actually be able to post a family pic soon.

Olivia (19 months) is hitting a few milestones as well. Mommy can actually do things with her hair now (so cute!),
she can count to 10 these days, is getting very good at communicating with her words, loves to sing the ABC's and loves to lay in her soon-to-be new bed with mommy and daddy while she mouths the words to the songs that we sing.
She blows me away, what a smart cookie. She has been extremely interested in the potty for a long time and the other night she recognized and told us that she had to go, so we started actively potty training yesterday and we had as least one successful effort.
This pic is actually from a couple of months ago... She was so excited once she figured out what the potty treats were for, so hopefully today we will have more luck. I just can't believe how fast they grow.

BJ had lasik eye surgery 2 days ago, so far he says his vision is actually worse. It was pretty bad to begin with and I honestly think his brain is trying to get used to the new eyes. The doctor says it may take a few days or even weeks because he never wore corrective lenses.
For now, he is spending time with his little boy and starting to empathize with me a little. I have such terrible vision and found out today, it's actually even worse since my pregnancy... BJ has been known to give me a hard time because I get so frustrated in the mornings when I can't see to find my glasses. It's been kind of fun taking care of him. I love being able to serve my family.

I have been given the okay to excersize so I'm off to the gym every chance I get. I'm pretty excited to get back into shape and I'm so surprised at how much more energy I have after this baby than I did with Olivia. I don't know if that's because I had a c-section last time or not, but I'll take it! All in all things are great and it's been a great 2 weeks since my last blog entry! With the blessing approaching and family coming from all corners of the U.S. I am getting things all ready, so hopefully I'll have a chance to update soon. Sorry, no pics of me, mostly because there aren't really any. I'm usually the one behind the camera.

1 comment:

*Aspen* said...

Oh my gosh Lins! He is so flippin' cute! Good job! =) I bet you have more energy for sure cause it wasn't a c-section this time! That's awesome that you're going to the gym! Go girl! =)haha. I can't believe how old Olivia looked in that pic of her in her car seat! How exciting that she is potty training. Just today I was thinking how grateful I am that my kids have been potty trained for so long and are doing so well. =) You'll love it! Poor BJ, I hope his eyes get better soon. That's no fun. Well your fam is SUPER cute! I can't wait to come back to Utah, I'll have to stop by a drop Ethan a little boy gift! How fun!