Tuesday, November 2, 2010

That'll never happen-itis

Everyone is having babies but me. Everyone. Everyone around me at church. My VT partner, the family that sits next to us, two sister in-laws, my little cousin I used to babysit-all grown up and beautiful, every other woman I see at the grocery store... Even people who just had babies. I try really hard not to be sad about it, but I never thought this would be a problem for me. I guess I better stop thinking stuff like that, because once you think, "That'll never happen to me." You better WATCH OUT!

Some examples--All of which I really thought, "That'll never happen to me.":

Some are good some are bad. This is not meant to be a sob post, just a weird thought provoking realization.

I never thought I'd own a home before my 30's. We don't anymore, but hey, we did at one point!

I never thought my dad would get cancer. The week after I thought, "At least he'll never get cancer." He called and told me he had Thyroid cancer, then awhile later, we found out he had Melanoma. (for those of you who don't know his story-he survived both)

I never thought I'd have a miscarriage.

I never thought I'd get married young--I always thought late 20's around 30 maybe...

I never thought I'd have to work at it to get pregnant.

I never thought I'd have a child with food allergies.

I never thought I'd battle weight.

I never thought I'd be "well-endowed". (LOL!)

I always thought I'd be proud to, but never thought I would, marry a cop or serviceman. (He's well on his way to accomplishing the latter as well.)

I never thought I'd have to have a C-Section.

I never thought I'd have a real sister-like-life-long-best-girl-friend. (Love ya, Ash!)

***See? Do you see? It's true! I guess we just have to have faith that Heavenly Father will take you where you need to go. Thankfully I have a very strong testimony of this particular truth, so none of the above bothers me.***

On the flipside, I always knew:

I wouldn't serve an LDS mission while I was single.

My children wouldn't know my dad. (It broke my heart to know this one for so long and try not to know it.)

I would be happy no matter what.

My kids would be adorable.

That my first baby would be a girl.

That I would get married in the temple.

That my husband would be smokin' hot! ;)

That I would be close to my brothers and sisters for my entire life.

That I would never turn my heart or my faith away from the gospel.

~Blessings come at every angle, in all shapes and forms, and we should just take them as they are and run like the wind!

I love my life. I love it! I love it! I love it! So much.
(or as Ethan would say with his adorable grin, "I wuv ooo! Ah-mutsss!"

4 comments:

Shani said...

Thanks for the blog invite! I too often have "that'll never happen-itis," but am so thankful for all the blessings that come from each trial!

Ash said...

Awww! I got goose bumps all over! BTW...I feel the same about you, but more!

AJ said...

It's interesting to think about the things we did or didn't think would happen. I'll have to make a list, too.

Aimee said...

It's always weird to think about the "never happen-itis". It's usually a depressing thought. I'm sorry you're struggling with getting pregnant! I know there's lots of women pregnant, but there's lots of women struggling to get pregnant too. Life is tough! Love ya.