We had such a great Thanksgiving! We had about 2 weeks of it because we were lucky enough to get two Thanksgivings! We had so much fun visiting BJ's parents and brother. They took us on a little drive around the town and had fun reminicing with BJ about his childhood. We were both able to catch a movie. He went to the new James Bond and Bolt with his dad and brother, and later I went to The Secret Life of Bees with my Mother in-law and Ethan. We also took Olivia to this really cool little toddler coffee shop... a business venture I may want to attack myself. It was really impressive. BJ and I were able to take a small stroll around the block and have some good conversation without any interruptions, oh so nice! The flight's weren't terrible. They were actually as good as they could have been with a toddler and infant.
We had a couple of days after returning home to catch our breath--okay that's a lie. We didn't have a chance at all. We just met our obligations and threw some stuff in a bag to head up to my mom's for Thanksgiving. Becky, Rob, and Marianne we planning on flying in the day before Thanksgiving as well, but while they were waiting to board their flight, Rob received a phone call informing him that his dad had collapsed and they had been doing CPR on him and couldn't revive him. Needless to say, Becky and Rob didn't join us for the holiday. They rushed to the doors to meet his sister who came to pick them back up while Marianne boarded and continued home. His dad had passed away by they time his sister arrived to pick them up. Our hearts, thoughts and prayers go out to Rob's family. I'm so tired of death. It's hard to believe that Gage is gone. He was such a sweet man. He was so giving and so welcoming during all of my encounters with him. He is missed dearly.
As the week progressed we still had a lot of fun. We played games, watched movies, took naps (well everyone else did except for me and mom), did crafts, and just enjoyed each others company. A couple that is in Becky's ward was coming through and we invited them to join us for the holiday. They were a welcome addition as were my two cousins Andy and Isaac. BJ and I were able to go on a breif date. We haven't been alone together for a loooong time so we took advantage of it. We were going to go for another walk around our old stomping grounds in college, but had to grab some things at the store and decided to catch Bolt again. I hadn't seen it and BJ liked it enough to see it again. That movie really is hilarious! There were places that I wished they could pause the movie so I could finish laughing. I was planning on catching Twilight as well, but I wasn't able to. Hopefully this week I can take a break to do that. I never understood before now how people could count just grocery shopping with each other as a date. I love love love my children, but it was so nice to be alone with my husband and not feel extremely rushed (only a little bit). lol, we saw a group of 4 girls walking around the dishes and talking about their dream sets at Dillards... awwww roommate bonding. It surprised me how young they looked. Anyway, we were fortunate to get away for a bit. BJ had to leave earlier to go back to work while I stayed behind to spend time with everyone else. He enjoyed a couple days of bachelorhood... and took leftovers with him so he wouldn't starve. Sorry no pics yet, I can't find the camera. I'll add them later.
No comments:
Post a Comment