BJ ran his first triathalon this last weekend and I'm so proud of him! He and a bunch of his buddies decided to do it awhile ago and what do you know, they did it. I watched them getting ready to start in the water and I couldn't help but feel nervous for them.

The sprint that all of the boys did consisted of 1/2 mile swim in open water, 12.5 mile bike ride, and a 5k run. He gets to do all of the fun stuff, but I loved being there. The atmosphere was really intoxicating. (Left to Right) Rich, BJ, Logan, and Michelle (she competed in a relay for the women's sprint).

Coming out of the water after finishing the swim. I've never been so relieved to see him in my life. Another swimmer died in the water before he came in and Rich's dad helped to give him CPR on the shore. All the spectators, including myself, were terrified that it might be their loved one. Thankfully, they revived the man and got his heart started, but he was still unconcious when they took him away in the ambulance. We found out that he passed away later.

Here he comes! This is one of the only pics of me on here. I was on my feet the whole time, but Livi and I had a lot of fun squirting each other with the spray bottle.
BJ only had a mountain bike that his friend had lent him, so he had to work a bit harder, but he made it to the end! He realized at the end of it all what a great achievement that was in his life and wants to do it again, or at least get into biking more. I would also like to jump on that wagon (as soon as I'm able) and whip myself back into shape. I'm definately not the girl I was in high school anymore!

There he goes, starting the last stretch of the race. He stopped for a sec to tell me about a bad cramp in his leg that started on the swim. It took us a few days afterward to get the muscle to relax.

BJ is running through the finish line in this picture. The end at last! I am so proud of him for finishing!

This is us after the race. BJ was so glad it was over!

They all look tired, but happy to have done it! It was fun for all of them to be there cheering each other on. (left to right) Rich, Jon, Logan, and BJ.
2 comments:
Tell him I'm proud of him!
I'm as proud as a Father, Beeg you finished the good fight. Now on to the OV Tri!
Post a Comment